The Business Transformation Director will be eligible for the following:
A Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
The scheme is an important part of your employment package and is a valuable benefit on top of your pay.
The benefits of joining
The LGPS is one of the best ways to plan for retirement with an excellent range of benefits that both full time and part time employees can enjoy. These include, after two years in the scheme:
- A tiered ill health retirement package if you have to leave work at any age due to permanent ill health, this could give you benefits, paid straight away, and which could be increased if you are unlikely to be capable of gainful employment within 3 years of leaving.
- Early payment of benefits if you are made redundant or retired on business efficiency grounds and you are aged 55 or over.
- The right to voluntarily retire from age 55, even though the scheme’s normal pension age is in line with your state pension age.
- Flexible retirement from age 55 if you reduce your hours, or move to a less senior position. Provided your employer agrees, you can draw some or all of your benefits – helping you ease into your retirement.
- Secure benefits that are not reliant on stock market fluctuations
- Employers contributions-the scheme is provided by your employer who meets the balance of the cost of providing your benefits in the LGPS
If you choose to voluntarily retire before your normal pension age, or take flexible retirement before then, your benefits would normally be reduced to account for them being paid for longer.
As long as you continue working, you can continue paying into the LGPS up to age 75, although you have to draw your benefits by 75. Benefits drawn after your state pension age will be increased.
There is also:
- Life cover from the moment you join, with a lump sum of 3 years’ pay being paid if you die in service.
- Cover for your family with a pension for your husband, wife, registered civil partner or nominated cohabiting partner and for eligible children if you die in service or die after leaving with a pension entitlement.
The 50/50 Scheme - The LGPS offers you the flexibility to pay half your normal contribution rate and build up half your normal pension whilst retaining full life and ill-health cover. This is called the 50/50 section of the LGPS, it is designed to help members stay in the scheme, or make a start towards saving for a pension in an affordable way and constantly being able to build up valuable pension benefits, and it may also be helpful during times when the money available to save is restricted.
For more information www.lgps.org.uk
If you wish to join contact:
Warwickshire Police Staff www.warwickshire.gov.uk/pensions
West Mercia Police Staff www.worcestershire.gov.uk/pensions
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee assistant programme - PAM Assist
The Employee Assistance Programme is provided by PAM Assist and is available free to all Police Officers, Police Staff, Special Constables and Police Support Volunteers. This is a confidential support service, 24/7, 365 days per year providing free confidential support for all of life’s ups and downs
- Family matters
- PTSD support
- Benefits & tax credits
- Eye test
- Gym facilities at Hindlip and various police stations throughout the alliance
- Subsidised canteen
- Free parking
- UNISON - Trade union